Saturday, November 19, 2005

Family re-unites and body preparation

The funeral is scheduled for Monday at 1 p.m. in a Mormon chapel in Taylorsville, Utah. I don't know how I feel about a Mormon service since Mom didn't have alot of love for the LDS Church. My step dad (who grew up Catholic) truly believes she would have preferred a Mormon funeral. The bishop is going to try and make the funeral comfortable for people of different beliefs, so we'll see how that works out.

I have seen alot of family members in the past 24 hours that I have been separated from for 4+ years. I still will see more on Monday, so the stress level is still high. The person I am worried about the most is my grandma. No one should have to attend their child's funeral. What makes matters worse is that grandma had open heart surgury just months ago. I am worried about having to attend two funerals in a week. That would be a tough roll.

Our immediate family saw our mother's body this morning. We were worried that the funeral place would make my Mom look different, so we did our own preparation for the viewing. I was not able to do much other than view her body. It gave me the creeps when I touched her cold body. I cried a whole bunch this morning. Everybody was also able to have some time alone with her. It was all very theraputic. I feel confident that I will have closure on Monday so I can be strong for some of my family. I'll keep you posted :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home