Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Larry Miller can kiss my ASS!!

I am sitting here at Costellos coffee house on 22nd and NE Broadway here in Portland. I just ate a delicous dish of vegetarian lasagna. I might have to give up meat :) I am going to the Portland Podcasting Meetup in about an hour.

As I write this blog, I am listening to the 4th quarter of the Utah Jazz vs. Philadelphia 76rs game. Utah is in the lead but it's close. I have been a Jazz fan my entire life so it was really disheartening to learn of Larry H. Miller's (owner of the Jazz) bigotry. Apparently he had Brokeback Mountain scheduled to show at one of his theatres in SLC and then withdrew it once he heard it was about two gay cowboys.

We briefly mentioned this in TW12 but I was too tired to rant about it, so I'll do it here. What the fuck Larry? You bigoted piece of shit. You have not even seen the movie and your already judging it because it has gay characters. Maybe you need a cock up your ass, so you will loosen up. I know you think you are sticking to your Mormon "morals" by not playing this movie. Maybe you think your promoting a "homosexual agenda" by playing it? Let me tell you what.. There is no such thing as a homosexual agenda, there is just people who want to live their lives and assholes like you make that more difficult. I don't know what kind of message your trying to send, but it's not one that is consistent with your religion.

As a life long Jazz fan, I can't just stop rooting for the team. But I can tell you this Larry, you won't see me in the Delta Center as long as you are the owner. I am glad I live in Portland so I can see the Jazz whip on the Blazers at the Rose Garden. Hopefully you will have a stroke or something in the next 10 years so I can purchase Jazz merchandise again and attend a game in the Delta Center.

LARRY MILLER, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

2 Comments:

Blogger Edward Jones said...

Just to play Devil's Advocate, do you think that Larry Miller was simply being an astute businessperson when he made the decision to drop Brokeback Mountain? After all, the theater was in Sandy and probably 80% of the people who go to it are Mormons who won't see Brokeback Mountain anyway.

That being said, Larry Miller IS an intolerant asshole.

4:16 PM  
Blogger trannywreck said...

Maybe... but it still pisses me off :)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home